Ok, finally getting around to doing this properly.
- Hotel Daniel - I’ve had breakfast there three times in the last couple of weeks, because even though it’s not exactly cheap (17€), it’s an all-you-can-eat buffet with good quality breakfast food. The whole place is very airy & perfect for Sunday morning really. Especially as you can take a stroll around Belvedere Museum straight afterwards, as it’s right next door.
- Belvedere Museum - Some of you might know this place from the movie A Dangerous Method as parts of it where filmed there. It houses the biggest collection of Gustav Klimt paintings.
- Orlando di Castello / Ein Wiener Salon - For good food & nice interior.
- Cafe Sperl - For a traditional Viennese coffee house.
- H&M on the Graben - I’m guessing it’s the most opulent & classiest high street store in the world.
- Leopold Museum - Home to the largest Egon Schiele collection.
- Albertina / Kunsthistorisches Museum - Worthwhile museums.
- Schönbrunn Palace - Like a Mini-Versailles with a labyrinth in its garden etc. For fans of Sissi or Marie Antoinette. This time of year there’s a nice Christmas Market in the evening.
I definitely forgot some places, but this is all I could think of for now.